Royalty Owners FAQ

  • How do I contact you?
  • We strive to responds to all correspondence, regardless of the manner received, within 48 hours.

    Callon’s Royalty Owners’ mailing address is:

    Callon Petroleum Company
    Division Order Department
    1401 Enclave Parkway, Suite 600
    Houston, TX 77077

    Callon’s Land Department fax number for Royalty Owners is:  281-589-5215

  • How do I notify you of an address change?
  • Using the Change of Address Form, address changes must be made in writing and signed by the owner. Please return the completed, signed form to Callon by mail, fax or scanned and attached to an email.

    If you elect to mail the form, Callon’s mailing address is:

    Callon Petroleum Company
    Division Order Department
    1401 Enclave Parkway, Suite 600
    Houston, TX 77077

    If you elect to fax the form, Callon’s fax number is:

    If you elect to e-mail the form, Callon’s email address is:

  • Do you have direct deposit?
  • Presently, Callon issues royalty payments only by physical check.

  • How do I change or transfer ownership?
  • In the event of the death of an owner:


    We will need the following documentation, all recorded in the county where the property is located:

    • Death Certificate
    • Letters Testamentary
    • Order Admitting Will to Probate
    • Last Will and Testament
  • How do I add my spouse or other individual to my account?
  • To add an individual to the account, we require a recorded copy of a deed conveying the interest as joint tenants for all intended individuals.

  • How do I transfer my interest into a trust?
  • To complete such a transfer, please provide Callon the following:

    • A copy of the Trust Agreement
    • A deed from the individual(s) into the Trust recorded in the counties where the properties are located. (Note: The deed must also name a Trustee of the Trust.)
  • What if the Trustee changes?
  • Please notify Callon and provide a document naming the Successor Trustee recorded in the counties where the properties are located.

  • Can I receive a valuation on property that I am named Executor?
  • While Callon is unable to provide a valuation on any property, we can provide a payment history to assist a qualified professional perform a valuation.

  • My mortgage company is requiring a letter from Callon stating that my royalty payments will continue. Can you provide this?
  • Callon unfortunately cannot provide such a letter due to the inherent uncertainties involved with oil and gas production i.e. pricing, mechanical, force majeure factors etc.

  • When are 1099’s mailed out?
  • Callon mails out 1099’s by January 31 of each year for payments made in the prior year. If you need a copy of your 1099, please email your request to

  • When are checks mailed out?
  • Revenue checks are mailed out on the last day of the month. If the last day of the month falls on a weekend the checks are mailed on the Friday before the weekend. The check detail generally represents revenue for the preceding month of production. Initial payments for production on newly drilled wells may take longer due to the title work and mailing and receipt of division orders.

  • How do I get a copy of my Revenue Detail and payment history?
  • If you need a copy of your Revenue Check Detail or payment history, please email your request to In your email, please provide:

    • Owner Number found on the check detail
    • Any other specific elements to your request.
  • Why have I not received my check?
  • Often, a check is not received because the account balance is below Callon’s $50 minimum pay status. Callon issues revenue checks once the balance exceeds $50. All revenue, regardless of the amount is disbursed once a year in September. If your amount exceeds the $50 minimum, we recommend you allow two weeks for the check to arrive by regular US Mail before contacting us.

  • What if my check is lost, stolen or stale dated?
  • In the event your Revenue check is lost or stolen, please notify us at Callon will reissue the lost or stolen check on the next revenue distribution date. If your check is stale dated, please contact us in writing, providing the stale dated check and request a check reissuance. Please send your written request to:

    Royalty Owners Department
    C/o Callon Petroleum Company
    PO Box 1287
    Natchez, MS 39121

  • Does Callon offer IRS tax witholding?
  • Callon does not offer voluntary tax withholding.

  • What if I do not receive a check after one month?
  • To receive a monthly check, the account balance must exceed $50. For balances less than this $50 minimum, checks are mailed annually in September.

  • What is a Division Order?
  • Callon issues a Division Order document to describe the property, the operator, the legal description, the owner’s remittance address, as well as the owner’s decimal interest and interest type in the property. The owner is asked to sign and return the Division Order. Callon uses this information to remit proceeds to the owner if Callon has the disbursement responsibility.

  • Why does my monthly payment sometimes vary?
  • Many factors affect to your payment amount, including: market conditions, fluctuating commodity prices, regulatory or contractual changes, production volumes, weather conditions and well downtime.