• When are revenue checks mailed?
  • Payments are released on the last day of the month with the exception of weekends or holidays. Please allow approximately 10 business days for mail delivery prior to contacting owner relations.

  • How do I contact you?
  • We strive to respond to all correspondence within 48 hours, regardless of the manner received. Transfers of interest are processed in the order they are received.

    Callon’s Royalty Owners’ mailing address is:

    Callon Petroleum Company
    Division Order Department
    2000 W. Sam Houston Parkway South, Suite 2000
    Houston, Texas 77042

    Callon’s Land Department fax number for Royalty Owners is: 281-606-0320

    Telephone and email:

    Owner Relations
    Phone: 281-368-7714

  • How do I notify you of an address change?
  • Address changes must be made in writing and signed by the owner using the Change of Address Form. Please return the completed, signed form to Callon by mail, fax or scanned and attached to an email.

    If you elect to mail the form, Callon’s mailing address is:

    Callon Petroleum Company
    Division Order Department
    2000 W. Sam Houston Parkway South, Suite 2000
    Houston, Texas 77042

    If you elect to fax the form, Callon’s fax number is:

    If you elect to e-mail the form, Callon’s email address is:

  • Do you have direct deposit?
  • Presently, Callon issues royalty payments only by physical check.

  • How do I change or transfer ownership?
  • In the event of the death of an owner:


    **Disclaimer: Callon cannot provide deeds or templates for any conveyance instruments for ownership changes. Please contact an Oil and Gas attorney in your area to assist with this process.

    Topic Documents Needed
    Sale of Interest -Deed recorded in the county where the property is located
    -W-9 for the new owner
    Death of Owner - Ownership as Joint Tenants with Rights of Survivorship -Death Certificate
    -W-9 for Surviving Joint Tenant(s)
    Death of Owner – testate (Owner left a Will) -Death Certificate
    -Certified Copy of Will recorded in the county where property is located
    *Will must be recorded in county where the property is located. If the Will is probated out of state, a Certificate of Exemplification is required to be recorded with all probate documentation in the county where the property is located.
    -Letters Testamentary
    -Order admitting Will to Probate
    -Final Decree of Distribution or Waiver of Final Settlement
    -W-9's for heirs
    Death of Owner (without a will or probate not being pursued) -Death Certificate
    -Recorded Will, if available, recorded in county where the property is located
    -Recorded Affidavit of Heirship recorded in county where the property is located
    -W-9's for heirs
    Bankruptcy - Chapter 11 or Chapter 7 -Order from Bankruptcy Court which designates how payments should be made
    - W-9 for new payee
  • How do I add my spouse or other individual to my account?
  • To add an individual to the account, we require a recorded copy of a deed conveying the interest as joint tenants for all intended individuals.

    Documents Needed
    Marriage, Divorce, Other -Marriage Certificate
    -Divorce Decree (re-instating maiden name)
    -Name Change Court Decree
    Company or Corporation Name Change
    -Certificate of Name Change
    -W-9 Form providing new Tax ID
    Company or Corporation Merger -Certificate of Merger
    -W-9 Form providing new Tax ID
    Adding Name to an Account, including spouses -Deed, assignment or other instrument conveying title. Ex: From Owner A to Owner A & Owner B
  • How do I transfer my interest into a trust?

    Trust / Partnership Ownership Documents Needed

    Topic Documents Needed
    Trust / Partnership is created -Trust or Partnership Agreement
    -Recorded Deed into the Trust or Partnership
    Trust / Partnership is terminated -Dissolution of Trust or Partnership
    -Recorded Deed to the beneficiary -W-9 for Beneficiary
    Change in Trustee -Document where successor trustee was appointed
    Transfer to a Trust -Certificate of Trust, which contains information naming the Trustees and their authorization
    -Tax Information for the Trust (EIN Form from IRS)
    -Deed into the Trust recorded in the county where the property is located
  • What if the Trustee changes?
  • Please notify Callon and provide a document naming the Successor Trustee recorded in the counties where the properties are located.

  • Can I receive a valuation on property that I am named Executor?
  • While Callon is unable to provide a valuation on any property, we can provide a payment history to assist a qualified professional perform a valuation.

  • My mortgage company is requiring a letter from Callon stating that my royalty payments will continue. Can you provide this?
  • Callon unfortunately cannot provide such a letter due to the inherent uncertainties involved with oil and gas production i.e. pricing, mechanical, force majeure factors etc.

  • When are 1099’s mailed out?
  • Callon mails out 1099s by January 31 of each year for payments made in the prior year. If you need a copy of your 1099, please email your request to owners@callon.com.

  • How do I get a copy of my Revenue Detail and payment history?
  • If you need a copy of your Revenue Check Detail or payment history, please email your request to owners@callon.com. In your email, please provide:

    • Owner number found on the check detail
    • Any other specific elements to your request.

    Additionally, if you are registered with EnergyLink, you will be able view your Revenue Check Detail online starting May 2020.

    Go to EnergyLink https://www.energylink.com and login or use the portal below to login.

    If you do not have an EnergyLink login, go to EnergyLink https://www.energylink.com and and click New to EnergyLink? Sign Up Here. You will need recent payment information to complete registration.

  • Why have I not received my check?
  • Often, a check is not received because the account balance is below Callon’s $100 minimum pay status. Callon issues revenue checks once the balance exceeds $100. All revenue, regardless of the amount, is disbursed once a year in September. If your amount exceeds the $100 minimum, we recommend you allow two weeks for the check to arrive by regular US Mail before contacting us.

  • What if my check is lost, stolen or stale dated?
  • In the event your Revenue check is lost or stolen, please notify us at owners@callon.com. Callon will reissue the lost or stolen check on the next revenue distribution date. If your check is stale dated, please contact us in writing, providing the stale dated check and request a check reissuance. Please send your written request to:

    Callon Petroleum Company
    Division Order Department
    2000 W. Sam Houston Parkway South, Suite 2000
    Houston, Texas 77042

  • Does Callon offer IRS tax witholding?
  • Callon does not offer voluntary tax withholding.

  • What if I do not receive a check after one month?
  • To receive a monthly check, the account balance must exceed $100. For balances less than this $100 minimum, checks are mailed annually in September.

  • What is a Division Order?
  • Callon issues a Division Order document to describe the property, the operator, the legal description, the owner’s remittance address, as well as the owner’s decimal interest and interest type in the property. The owner is asked to sign and return the Division Order. Callon uses this information to remit proceeds to the owner if Callon has the disbursement responsibility.

  • Why does my monthly payment sometimes vary?
  • Many factors affect to your payment amount, including: market conditions, fluctuating commodity prices, regulatory or contractual changes, production volumes, weather conditions and well downtime.